Wednesday, August 13, 2014

An Actual Conversation I Had With Someone Who Has a PhD

We'll call her Doc for today's purposes.  It also helps if you picture this with a thick Chinese accent (her) and a tone of increasingly trying to hide my frustration (me)
(Originally published 6/12/14)


Doc: Hey you ordered a new kind of test tube, but it seems like there are less tubes in each bag than the previous type.

Me: Oh yeah? How many?

Doc: I didn't count, but it seems like there's less.

Me: Well there were twenty-five per bag for the old tubes, how many for these ones? I think they're about the same, it's pretty standard.

Doc: I'm pretty sure it's less. I'm just letting you know so that when you order next time, you get more than you normally would.

Me: Why don't you count them? The bags are in that drawer right there.

Doc (comes back with bag, shows it to me): See, it's less. (note: the bag is a clear ziplock type bag, and it takes about 5 seconds to count the tubes)

Me: How many are in that bag?

Doc (shows me bag again): I think it's around twenty.

Me: Did you count them?

Doc: No

Me: Why don't you count them?

Doc: *whisper whisper whisper whisper* Twenty-five.

Me: *facepalm*

No comments:

Post a Comment