Sunday, August 24, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge: Thanks But I'll Pass

Apparently I've been nominated. I'm not going to do it. Call me a spoil sport, I'm ok with that, I've been called worse. Recently I was called a condescending jackass.

I think the ice bucket challenge is great. I want to shake the hand of the guy or gal who came up with the concept - it's brilliant. I want to congratulate everyone who's donated so far, and who donates in the future.

But I'm not going do it, nor am I going to contribute to the cause. I don't have the kind of money to spare for such a thing, AND my wife already did the challenge and is making a contribution. Since we share income I say hey, good enough. Check out the video below, featuring Mrs Lefty (Headmistress Holly Sin, far left), Randi Rouge and Betty Bright Eyes. It's not safe for work, what with all the hot wet t-shirt action. I filmed it. It was hot.



I contribute to other charities enough not to feel guilty about skipping this one. I also don't contribute to the annual United Way fund they run at my work every year, and they have yet to burn me at the stake.

Why not just do the video to nominate more people, and just kinda silently not make a donation, because hey who would ever know? Because I don't want to, and I think that's a great reason. I'm not interested in falsely representing myself on the internet.

Look, the challenge is going to peter off eventually, it can't go on forever.  Consider me to be one of the people that stops clapping first at the end of a great show.

If you have a heart of gold, go and donate to Canadian ALS research, it's a good cause.

If you have a black heart like me, you might enjoy this song, wherein I name drop Lou Gehrig. Download a copy if you like.  I know this is pointless because no one will bite, but any music sales I make this week will be donated to ALS.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment